Each project or activity should:
• Be specific and have a measurable outcome(s) (it should be clear what the activity or service comprises and what public benefits it will achieve);
• Be located in or support people who live in North Berwick;
• Be developed and managed for charitable aims (commercial activities or those with an element of ‘private’ benefit are not eligible);
• Be for a specific purpose (one-year funding is the preferred option);
• Have a demonstrable financial need (it is unlikely that the Trust will award funding to organisations with healthy reserves or endowments);
• Be able to secure some additional funding for projects over £3,000; either from its own resources and/or from other funding bodies.
• Not be a replacement or substitute for statutory or other funding which would normally be provided by the Scottish Government or local authority;
We are unable to fund:
• Holidays, other than for respite or the relief of poverty;
• Animal welfare projects;
• Political or lobbying activities
Organisations that have successfully applied for funding from NBTL during preceeding 12 months are not eligible to apply.